Prices plus VAT and shipping costs
(The charging VAT is only calculated on delivery to end customers in the EU Member States)
Ready to ship today,
Delivery time appr. 2-5 workdays europe
- Order number: 092403
Twin Common Interface extension modul for the Cine-, Octopus- and Octopus NET series
The DuoFlex CI extension provides two CI slots. The DuoFlex CI can be used for products of the Cine, Octopus and Octopus NET series. The DuoFlex CI is used to hold two Conditional Access Modules (CAM). Some CAMs master Multi Transponder Decrypting (MTD) technology, which allows up to 4 TV channels / tuners to be decrypted using just one CAM (number depends on manufacturer).
The common interface extension is connected to the base card using a ribbon cable. In addition, it's powered by the supplied power adapter. Thanks to the supplied low-profile and full-profile slot plates, individual installation is possible.
What is a Common Interface (CI)?
A conditional access module (CAM) is inserted into a common interface interface (also known as a CI slot). The smart card of a content provider is then inserted into this CAM. If all components are matched to one another, the TV signal can be decrypted.
Twin CI with MTD
The Twin Common Interface on the OctopusCI S2 Pro provides the system with two CI slots and is designed to use with two Conditional Access Module (CAM). Some CAMs handle the Multi Transponder Decrypting (MTD) technology, which allows up to 4 TV channels / tuner only a CAM (number dependent on the manufacturer) to decrypt.
What is Multi Transponder Decrypting (MTD)?
Multi Transponder Decrypting is a new technology that allows to decrypt up to 4 TV channels / tuner simultaneously with only one Conditional Access Module (number of channels dependent on the manufacturer).
All Digital Devices products are supplied with the DD-TV software. Experience the numerous functions: HD quality television, time-shift television, digital video recorder, electronic program guide (EPG), teletext reception.
Support – Operating systems and Software
Signed Drivers for Microsoft ® Windows ® XP with Service Pack 2, Windows Vista ® 32-bit / 64-bit, Windows 7/8/8.1/10 ® 32-bit / 64-bit
Windows 7/8/8.1 Media Center compatible
Drivers: Linux kernel 2.6.xx current ® Open Source
Compatible with Windows Media Center
Our products are under the Windows Media Center, including the optional direct support of the CI interfaces, immediately usable without complications.
|Erweiterungsmodul (für Bridge):||Ja|
|Power consumption:||ca. 1 watts plus consumption of the CAM module|
|Power supplied:||External power supply|
|Linux / Windows Treiber:||Ja|
- Sales packaging
- DuoFlex extension card
- Bracket Full Height (premounted)
- Bracket Half Height
- 2x 25 cm Ribbon Cable
- Sherlock <-> 5.25 Molex power adapter
- Quick Installation Guide
- Manual (online)
- Drivers (online)
- Software DD-TV (online)
- Common Interface (CI) with Multi Transponder Technology (MTD)
- 2 CI Slots for 2 independent CAMs on one socket
- Up to 2 X 4 decrypted pay TV channels
Only one CAM required to decrypt 4 encrypted pay TV channels. Supports watching one encrypted channel and record several encrypted channels simultaneously.
Notice: This function is not supported by all CAMs and providers.
Notice: MTD is currently supported under windows only.
- Data rates
- > 96Mbit for each CAM and adjustable to the CAM
- Also supports non common data rates < 72Mbit
- Differential data transmission:
- Prepared for differential connection of data cables (LVDS) > 400% more throughput (required for UltraHD)
- Downward compatible to data transmission with 80 Mbit
Notice: requires two data cables for classic transmission
- Expandable module system
- Connectable to all Digital Devices Octopus PCIe-, mini PCIe bridge modules and Cine cards
- Cascading of CAMs
- connect up to 4 CI modules
- Separate supply voltage for each CAM
- Allows hot plug of CAMs
- Green IT
- No use of tantal capacitors
- No use of electrolyte capacitors
- Suitable in very dense cases
- Flexible mounting with various brackets and into 3.5“ extension kit.
- Brackets with half or full size are shipped together with the card
- Power supply
- 12V only (7V bis 17V)
1 Sherlock connector upright, 1 Sherlock connector horizontal (only one is required)
- produced und developed according to european standards, DIN EN ISO 9001:2000
- Green IT
- RoHS compliant
- WEEE DE 99353762
- Power consumption
- < 1 watt plus power consumption of the CAM modules
- System requirements
- One empty slot, no PCIe slot needed
- Tested CAM modules
- Mascom Alphacrypt Light + Easy TV
- SMIT Irdeto/Cryptoworks
- SMIT Viaccess with SRG
- Technicrypt CW with ORF
- SCM Cryptoworks
- Supported operating systems
- Linux (Kernel 2.6.34 and higher)
- Microsoft Windows® XP (SP3)/7/8(.1)/10
(incl. Windows® Media Center)
- H 65mm, L 107,5mm, D 18mm